Friday, July 07, 2006

Welcome.

What's it all about Alfie?


I was thinking the other night about a new type of blog. Nothing earth shattering, just something to get me interested in blogging again. I've lost my mojo. One of the contributing factors being that my office is freezing and I don't like spending hours hidden away from the rest of the family. The other factor being that I'm just plumb out of ideas, so I came up with this.

The idea is that MG and I will pick a topic, could be anything, and then we'll draw straws or toss a coin to decide who will take the affirmative and who will take the negative. This could mean arguing for a point of view we don't believe in.


What type of topics will be covered. Well it's my intention to cover many aspects. I don't particularly want to focus on the same issues all the time.
Example: The Tour De France is an exciting event. That was a penalty! Abu Bakir Bashir should still be in jail. Energy concerns, will Nuclear solve all?
Get it?


Hopefully it'll read ok, possibly generate some discussion. Let's see how it goes.

Format: We will post the topic for discussion, which side of the argument we will take and then we will argue out points via the comments section of each post and only allow viewer comments after we've completed the topic. Ideally we'll post a new topic on weekends and close the topic mid week.

In addition, if you would like to suggest a topic for discussion, leave us a comment or send an email to "opinionfreezone @ gmail.com". *

* remove the spaces around the @ symbol.

18 comments:

Melba said...

ok i'm ready to play as long as you promise to not use any of those naff cartoons. i hate them as much as i hate the pixies.

but i love you.

first topic!

PiesFan90 said...

As long as you don't use the word "naff". It's so..... naff.

elaine said...

*waits patiently for sparks*

PiesFan90 said...

Elaine, It's coming. Stay tuned.

BEVIS said...

Ha! I love it!

(And why am I only just now discovering it? Hmm?)

Glad I didn't really miss anything, other than a minor tit-for-tat about cartoons and the word 'naff'.

BRING IT ON!!

Melba said...

[gulp]

we has an audience.

so, i believe the first topic is...



?

PiesFan90 said...

The first topic is.....





about to be posted.

Melba said...

when we're ready to go, can i do the artwork, hon?

Melba said...

come on, get this thing going...

also, ps, why would anybody leave an inch worth of turkish bread in the plastic wrapping in the bread bowl?

tell me, why?

PiesFan90 said...

Don't know, why?
I didn't see it this morning.

Melba said...

that's because i binned it.

maybe it was the kids?

BEVIS said...

I just wanted to say how much I love EVERY post you guys have EVER published on this blog. EVER.

:)

No, I mean it. EVERY SINGLE POST has been gold.

I'm gonna nominate this blog for next year's Blog Awards.

Melba said...

[dies of waiting. falls in a heap next to elaine's bones still clad in pirate gear and small green dessicated frog. both have also perished, during the long, dry september of 2006, while waiting for the topic. build a nice tombstone for us, clokes.]

tee hee.

you're asleep on the couch while i'm "working".

sublime-ation said...

where did it go?

you don't mean you hate the Pixies, the band do you?

*dies in horror*

Melba said...

ah. a reader.

not the pixies the band, sub. but the weather pixies that some people put on their blogs.

stupido. i hate them.

sorry, i just can't be tactful when it comes to the weather pixies. i know i'm offending all sorts of good people when i say this, but i am the she-said part of this duo here, so i just have to be straight.

BEVIS said...

Speaking on behalf of Elaine and myself ...

How come Sublime-ation wanders in and is referred to as "ah. a reader" after all the effort we've put in these past four months?!

What are we; chopped liver?

xx

Melba said...

i should have said, "ah, another reader."

you and elaine could NEVER be chopped liver. NEVER, hear me?

many apologies.

and also, by the way, i think we've had some movement from the moderator. there might be something about to happen.

hold onto your hats, for you will be taken on a wild ride, dear non-chopped-liver readers.

BEVIS said...

I feel suitably appeased, thank you.

x

I'm glad you had some movement from the moderator. I can't imagine four months of no moderator movement. That must be PAINFUL.